Sunday, October 29, 2006

Psalm 139


Today was a fairly relaxing day. I am posting this before we go on our River cruise so we won't have pictures of that till tomorrow. The internet here gets extremely slow at night. Today, I just want to share some thoughts and a scripture. Before we left I posted a segment on why we adopt. When I look at Mackenzie and Makayla play together, and marvel at how well Makayla has become a part of the Tkach family, there is no doubt that God had planned for her to become a part of this family. Adam too, has been uniquely created to become part of our family. You can look at each of the children in our adoption group and see how God has perfectly placed them with their new families. It’s absolutely amazing to behold.

Enjoy the pictures and Psalm 139:13-18

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to [b] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

Home in 2 days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a wonderful trip! Karen, you must come out of lurker mode. We want to hear all about Adam. I think he is only the second boy from Zhangye to be adopted internationally. Looks like you had great weather in Lanzhou. Loved the photos! He is so adorable. It is just amazing to me also how God can place his finger on a child on the other side of the world and mark him/her for your family. We also have two beautiful girls and are planning someday to do another adoption, probabaly a waiting child. Hope to hear from you when you get over your jetlag from travel home.
Michelle Miller
DH Mike
DD Chloe (a. 10-02, zhangye, Gansu)
DD Cierra (a. 2-05, Yongzhou, Hunan)

Anonymous said...

This is so swell. I didn't even know that you could add comments. I have really enjoyed the jouney - it's almost like being there. The Psalm 139 was so cool... you know how to bring a tear to the eye. Speaking of a tear to the eye.... Jeff you better get home soon the Steelers need all the fans they can get!!!
Really looking forward to seeing you guys and the whole family together (I'll be home at Thanksfiving for sure). You are in my prayers.
buz

Anonymous said...

We're in countdown mode now!!!! Can't wait to see all of you! Especially sweet Adam!

See you in less then 48 hours!

Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Karen,

I know this sounds crazy but I think that Adam is the boy from Zhangye SWI that I tried to adopt. There was a child in the photos that I developed from the cameras that I sent to the orphanage in the care packages to my daughter, Jaili (Zhang Rui Zhi), with a cleft lip/palate that had been repaired. The child appeared to be about 2-3 years old. I tried to find out information on him through my adoption agency (GWC) but was unsuccessful. He has been in my prayers since--hoping that if I couldn't adopt him that he would at least find a home with someone special. I think my prayers were answered!!!! Nora